Need a little extra motivation to get lean and healthy for the summer (and the rest of your life!!)? How about a year of Unlimited Membership at CrossFit Wilmington for free? Or how about dinner for two at Cameo 1900? Or cash?
That’s what the winner and/or runners up of this Fat Loss and Lean Out Competition will win.
Competition Details and Rules
- $10 Buy In
- Start Date: Today
- Initial body comp (done by Tanner or Tony), body weight on CFW’s scale, and “before” pic submitted by CFW closing time on Wednesday, 28th March
- Submit a weekly (by Wednesday each week) weigh in on CFW’s scale
- End Date: Thursday, 3 May (final body comp and “after” pic submitted)
- Winner Announced: Friday 4 May
- Winner criteria: Total Percentage loss and end body fat percentage*.
- Body Comp testing, body weight, and before/after pics must be submitted by deadline
- Prizes are awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place male/female contestants
- Open to CFW members only
- Weight loss must be done safely and with a healthy diet and exercise. Anyone found to be using diuretics or malnourishment to lose fat will be removed from the competition and possibly have their membership from CrossFit Wilmington revoked.
- 1st Places – One year of unlimited membership at CrossFit Wilmington
- 2nd Places – $100 gift certificate to Cameo 1900
- 3rd Places – $50 cash
*It will not be enough to just lose fat to win. End body percent will be considered as well. It is typically more difficult to drop from 15% body fat to 8% than it is to drop from 32% to 18%.
In other words, this competition is not just a “biggest loser” contest, but also gives those of you who are carrying around moderate levels of body fat a great chance of winning.
[10-12r* Back Squat + 5 Box Jumps (24″/20″)] x 5
Rest no more than 3 minutes between sets
Still Legged Deadlift 8-10r* x 5
*Max effort will have you reach exhaustion between the target number of reps. Expect to see more strength work Rx’ed this way.
3 Max Time Dip Bar “L” sits
Knees 2 Elbows 10r x 5s