We’re in a stength / power training cycle at CrossFit Wilmington. Our focused cycles are typically 12 weeks long. 12 weeks is relatively short amount of time for any type of cycle. Aware of this, many of you have asked what you can do, both with diet and supplements, to make the most of this cycle. Below are a few suggestions.
- Eat plenty of protein. 1 gram per pound of your body weight will suffice.
- Take a HIGH QUALITY fish oil. 8-12 grams per day will do.
- Sleep 8 hours a night. More sleep = more recovery. Can’t sleep? Try 2,000mg of Tryptophan at bedtime.
- Take BCAAs (Branch Chained Aminos). 1/4 of your BW in grams during or post workout.
- Take Arginine with your BCAAs. 3,000mg taken with BCAAs has proved to increase testosterone and HGH.
- Try caffeine pre-workout. It’s effects will increase your training drive. 200-300mg is a good start.
Reminder: We’re open on Sundays at 9am for Yoga and now, 10am – 11:30am for open gym.