WOD 1– Games Open WOD 12.5
Complete as many reps as possible in 7 minutes following the rep scheme below:
100 pound Thruster, 3 reps
3 Chest to bar Pull-ups
100 pound Thruster, 6 reps
6 Chest to bar Pull-ups
100 pound Thruster, 9 reps
9 Chest to bar Pull-ups
– Thrusters begin with bar on the ground. At the bottom hip crease is below the knee and at the top the bar is overhead with the hips, knees, shoulders and elbows at extension.
– The pull ups are chest to bar. Dead hang or either kipping pull ups are acceptable. Arms must be extended at the bottom. At the top, the chest must come into contact with the bar below the clavicle.
WOD 2 – Max Reps Barbell Bench Press in 2 minutes (185lbs – Males / 80lbs – Females)
– The barbell starts in the bench rack. At the bottom the barbell must touch the chest. At the top the elbows must be extended. During the two minutes the athlete may re-rack the bar as many times as needed. The athlete may also sit or even get up from the bench.
WOD 3 – For time…
- 2 Rope Climbs (18′ – Males / 15′ – Females)
- 30 Deadlifts (225′ – Males / 135lbs Females)
- 30 Shoulder to Overhead (95lbs – Males / 65lbs – Females)
- Cycle 1 mile (on stationary spin bike)
- 30 Get Down / Get Ups
- Run 1 mile
– The rope climb begins with the athlete seated on the floor next to the rope. Climb with any technique and touch the mark at specified height and descend while in contact with the rope. You CANNOT let go and drop!
– Deadlifts are deadlifts. Deadlifts begin on the ground and end on the ground. A dropped barbell, from any height will be a no rep. At the top of the pull the shoulders must be behind the bar and the hips and knees must be at extension.
– The shoulder to overhead begins on the ground. The barbell is moved to the chest with any form of clean then pressed, push pressed, power jerked, or split jerked to overhead. Overhead is full extension of the elbows and arms behind the ears. The movement cannot be done from the back.
– The cycle will be done on spin cycles provided by Cycle City. The cycles computer will be set for 1 mile distance. Before the workout the athlete will have the opportunity to adjust his/her cycle to fit.
– The Get Down / Get Up (reverse burpee) begins standing. The athlete must sit down, lean back as in a sit up with the shoulder blades making contact with the ground. Then the athlete stands reaching full extension in the knees and hips to complete one rep.
– The mile run course will be marked. You can run it forwards, backwards, on your hands and knees or just your hands.