Competition Details and Rules
- $10 Buy In
- Start Date: Today
- Initial Body Composiition, body weight on CFW’s scale, and “before” picture submitted by closing time on Friday, March 29th
- End Date: Friday, May 10th (Final Body Composition and “after” pic submitted)
- Winner Announced: Monday May 13th
- Winner Criteria: Total Percentage loss and end body fat percentage
- Prizes are awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place contestants
- Open to CFW and WSC members only
- Weight loss must be with healthy diet and exercise. Anyone found to be using malnourishment or diuretics to lose fat will be removed from the competition
Last year’s winner, Seth J. dropped from 185lbs and 11.3% bodyfat to 187lbs and 6.5% bodyfat while gaining 10lbs of lean mass![box_content]Many CrossFitters say they don’t do CrossFit to look better. They say it’s for “increased work capacity” or “being able to go do other fun things in their lives” and not for vanity. I’m calling BS. Most of the those folks who say that are justifying their inability to control what they eat. Citing vanity, a word with negative connotation, is their best effort to give credit to their laziness. Since leaning out and gains in athletic performance are directly related, the claim for keeping a fat gut or butt is negated entirely. They are lying to themselves and you so they can continue to eat (and/or drink) whatever they want. It is just an easy way to settle for mediocrity. Don’t sell yourself so short.
It is no coincidence the strongest and fastest people you know are lean. There are plenty of studies that prove it. There are also many studies that show decreases in body fat lead the decreases in your chances of cancer, coronary disease, and diabetes.
Now is always a great time to lean out. In this case, you’ll be timing it just right to show off your improved health and fitness for summer!
Open WOD 13.3
Complete as many reps as possible in 12 minutes of..
150 Wallballs (20/14/10)
90 Double Unders
Wilmington Weightlifting Club
1 Snatch Deadlift + 1 Hang Snatch + 2 OHS – 5 sets AHAP w/ good form
Split Jerk – 3r x 2s (72%), 2r x 2s (77%), 1r (83%), 1r (88%)
4 rounds for time of:
12 Kettlebell Thruster (24, 16)
10 Kipping Pull-ups