Overtraining… yeah, I know, some of you are getting tired of hearing about it. Stop doing it and I might let up! Why do we train ourselves beyond health, past fitness, and into sickness. Are we addicts? Is it obsession? Why do we train through sickness and injury while knowing very well the consequenses? Melissa Byers submits an interesting view on the subject… either you train through discomfort or you use discomfort as an excuse not to train. You might not like it, but either way she’s talking about you!
Updates and announcements:
We would like to invite our Crossfit Wilmington Family to join our team for the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life to be held at Ashley HS on April 24th and 25th. This event is a celebration of life for survivors, a memorial for loved ones and a rally for our community to fight cancer. Our goal is to raise $1000 as a team. To register as a team member or to make a donation on behalf of our team, please go to
It’s easy, just…
- Click on the online registration and participation
- Under Event Information, click on 2009 teams
- Look for Crossfit Wilmington
- Sign up
Rowing Seminar at CrossFit Wilmington
with Kyleanne Hunter. Saturday 21 Feb from 11am – 1pm. We will be hosting a Seminar on the ERG (C2 Rower). Kyleanne’s impressive bio reads…
- Rowed for Harvard and Georgetown Universities, Captain of the varsity crew from sophomore year on. winning the Easter Sprints (NCAA Championships)
- Completed with the US Rowing National Team Training Center (basically the national team.. But it’s only officially called the national team during Olympic years. So it’s officially referred to as the "Training Center") from 1997-2002.
- Competed in the lightweight double and quad.
- For the Marine Corps she competed on the All-Marine marathon, cross-country and triathlon teams at CISM competitions.
This seminar will provide you with a sound technical foundation for the C2 rower. The C2 is a great workout tool, but too many people use it incorrectly. This misuse fosters ineffective workouts and can lead to injury.
CrossFit Cape Fear will be hosting a Trigger point TM – Myofascial Release workshop and certification on May 9th and 10th.
If you’re doing everything you can think of to take care of yourself – nutrition, functional fitness, getting a quality sleep, but are still having little nagging problems, this is for you. If you workout, run, or are constantly active, this will be one of your most important workshops you can attend for recovery techniques!
For more info and registration go to:
CrossFit Olympic Weightlifting Certification – May 30-31, 2009
Spend two full days with Coach Mike Burgener learning, studying
and practicing the Olympic lifts. The snatch and clean and jerk bring speed, power,
coordination, agility, accuracy and balance to your strength training. These lifts are
indispensable to CrossFit programming and expert coaching is a powerful advantage.