• Opening Hours
  • 910-399-5864
  • Contact

Let's Keep In Touch!X

ADDRESS2020 Capital Drive Wilmington, NC 28405

Sending your message. Please wait...

Thanks for sending your message! We'll get back to you shortly.

There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.

Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.

9/23/13

By t. | In Today's Workout | on September 22, 2013

CFW Member, Brad B., featured in The StarNews.

StarNews: What prompted the changes in your lifestyle?
Brad: My twin babies, Copley and Colton, became toddlers this year. Once they started walking, it was off to the races. I knew I needed to get in shape, not only to keep up with the toddlers but also my two other boys, Caleb, 10, and Cooper, 4. I know it’s necessary to stay in shape because all of my children need a healthy, active and attentive father.
Read the entire article HERE.

Brad at CFW Brad Barth

- Max Effort Monday
Back Squat – work to a heavy single

Back Squat – 5 x max rep set x 80% of single – rest 2 minutes

DB Suitcase Deadlift 6-8 reps x 5 (each side) 45 sec rest
ME Box Jumps x 1 x 6 (36″/30″)
- *Max effort box jumps are not max height box jumps.  They are aggressive jumps performed to a challenging height.  To improve your box jump quality, drive down through the heels and engage the glutes.  Land on the box with a stomp.  Box jumps are an aggressive polymetric training piece…  they are not to be done half heartedly!  Get some.
Abmat Situps 15r x 5

Wilmington Weightlifting Club

Snatch – 75% x 5 x 3
Snatch pull – 105% x 4 x 4
Back squat (with a two second pause at full depth) – 4 x 3

7 Comments to "9/23/13"

• Danny says:

September 22, 2013 at 8:08 pm -

Awesome job Brad, keep up the good work.

• Cody says:

September 23, 2013 at 8:45 am -

Good work Brad!

• Brad Barth says:

September 23, 2013 at 10:08 am -

Honestly, Crossfit Wilmington is THE best workout gym/box!!! So proud to be associated with a quality-first organization and fitness family!

What wasn’t in the article was that joining CW was a major component of my original goal. In late February I did the CW Intro class and realized if I was serious I had to lose major poundage (I was Fat Sick and Nearly Dead!) – so I focused on diet first. But my goal was always to get to a point where I could go to CW consistently because I knew it worked. In hind site, I could have done both, because they scale every workout, but, everyone has their own row to hoe. And whatever works – diet, research, mistakes, injuries, experimentation – the goal is the most important thing and, for me, that is striving for health and respecting the (only) bodies we have for this life.

I love that CW is designed to give you fitness to enjoy other sports, activities, play, and everyday life – it’s key to a healthy and full life! Plus, I have no desire to be just a gym-rat! I’m learning to surf now too!

Shout out to my early morning com padres – you won’t find a more dedicated bunch!! See you tomorrow morning…

• Chris T says:

September 23, 2013 at 11:03 am -

Great job Brad!

September 23, 2013 at 11:26 am -

Thanks Brad. We are very proud to be part of your success… but like I tell everyone, CFW supplies the heavy stuff, the building and the instruction. You guys supply the atmosphere and motivation!

• Susanna says:

September 23, 2013 at 12:44 pm -

Awesome job Brad! It’s both inspiring and motivating to work out along side you in the am!!

• Marcie says:

September 23, 2013 at 2:40 pm -

Great work Brad!! I remember when you started and to see you now is amazing! Way to drop the pounds and put muscle on, your hard work has paid off. Keep it up!!!!