• Opening Hours
  • 910-399-5864
  • Contact

Let's Keep In Touch!X

ADDRESS2020 Capital Drive Wilmington, NC 28405

Sending your message. Please wait...

Thanks for sending your message! We'll get back to you shortly.

There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.

Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.

Farewell Darcey

By cody | In Articles, Successes, Training | on August 21, 2013

DarcyAugust makes 11 months for me at CrossFit Wilmington. Before I began CrossFit, I wasn’t a “work out” person. I made sporadic visits to the gym at school but never stuck to any kind of programming. So, CrossFit was intimidating to say the least. My first time in the gym, I came with my friend Jordan (most of you know her from the front desk) and watched as the class did half “Murph.” I sat, probably with my jaw on the floor, until Josh had me get in a band and try some pull ups. I left thinking, “maybe I can do this after all…sign me up!”Darci

I’ve had nothing but great experiences during my time at CFW. Participating in WODs with such wonderful, encouraging peers and instructors has kept me coming back again and again and has motivated me to give my all for every work out. The vast knowledge and excellent teaching skills of every instructor at CFW have aided me in coming father than I ever thought I would! In the last couple months, I reached two major goals: I finally cleaned over 100 pounds and completed my first WOD with no bands (Fran).

I’m so appreciative of the time I’ve spent here and I’m going to miss the gym and everyone in it! Thank you everyone for the time, instruction, and encouragement. I’ll be back for a drop-in as soon as I can visit Wilmington again.

Love,
Darcey

7 Comments to "Farewell Darcey"

August 21, 2013 at 8:10 am -

Congratulations on getting off of those bands! We will miss you, Darcey!

• Kristin says:

August 21, 2013 at 11:22 am -

Love you Darcey! Miss you dearly

• josh says:

August 21, 2013 at 2:07 pm -

Darcy,
    I remember that first day. It was great working with you during your time here at CFW. Good luck in the future and keep up the hard work!

August 21, 2013 at 2:41 pm -

Have a great time at your new gym Darcey! We’ll miss ya Dear.

The upside of having a gym in Wilmington, NC… all the great people I’ve met and trained with.

Downside… many of them are only with us a short time. It teaches to appreciate folks while we have them.

• Anthony says:

August 21, 2013 at 5:10 pm -

Congrats on your accomplishments thus far Darcey. Enjoyed meeting you and best of luck in your new endeavors.

• Grace Sullivan says:

August 21, 2013 at 6:38 pm -

Best of all to you lady…you were my first partner on my first day ;) Take care- you rock!

• Sensei says:

August 22, 2013 at 9:17 am -

DARCEY!! We miss you!!

During this time Darcey also earned her yellow belt in Shoshin. She is motivated and extremely coachable. She showed the other female students how to “Rhonda Rousey” their hair so that they could focus on training and not get their hair messed up or pulled out.

Very nice to meet such young, motivated, professional people like you Darcey.

You better come back and earn your Shodan some day!!