Next Oly Course Begins next Wednesday!

By Josh | In Today's Workout | on May 20, 2013

[box_content]

Our next Weightlifting course begins Wednesday, May 29th and completes on Wednesday, July 3rd.  The next Olympic Weightlifting course will be convenient for both morning and evening members.  Class times will be at 5:30am and 5:30pm on Wednesdays, and 9:30am on Saturdays.  If you want to drastically improve your lifting technique, add weight to your lifts, and make your CrossFit workouts more efficient sign up for the upcoming course.  It’s five weeks of dedicated lifting with classes twice per week and proven to improve your lifting and performance.  Walt N. is the primary instructor.  Tony, Meagan, and Cody will be assistant instructors.  Sign up sheets are in the lobby.

Cost is $150. Please see an instructor to pay for your spot in the course.

Want to take another Weightlifting class?  Repeat attendees’ cost is half price ($75).

Click here to watch a video of our last Oly class, taught by Meagan.   Courtesy – Carlton S.

[/box_content]

Walt. N 100K Snatch

Walt N. 100kg Snatch (220lbs)

Bench Press- Work up to a Heavy Triple

then…

AMRAP in 10 Minutes of…
5 Hang Power Cleans (185/115)
6 HSPU
20 Double Unders

Wilmington Weightlifting Club

Power Snatch – [65%  x 1, 70% x 1, 75% x 1, 80% x 1] x 3; 70% x 2 x 3
Power Clean + Power Jerk – [60% x 1, 65% x 1, 70% x 1, 75% x 1] x 3,  70% x 2+1 x 3
Clean Pull – 100% (of clean) x 1 x 5

5 rounds of:
5 man makers
Rest 30 sec

8 Comments to "Next Oly Course Begins next Wednesday!"

• josh says:

May 20, 2013 at 8:22 pm -

Great job on the new snatch PR Walt!

May 20, 2013 at 9:10 pm -

Hell Yeah! There’s something about hitting the lift with two 20s on each side.

• Joe W says:

May 20, 2013 at 9:48 pm -

Walt the Beast Master. Great job dude.

May 21, 2013 at 11:32 am -

Nice job, Walt!

• Taylor says:

May 21, 2013 at 12:50 pm -

That just looks so SOLID! Awesome!

• Danny says:

May 21, 2013 at 1:42 pm -

Awesome job Walt! For anyone on the fence about the weightlifting course I would highly recommend it. Technical proficiency in these movements will immediately bolster your performance in crossfit, and will ultimately enhance your fitness. Since having obtained my Crossfit level 1 certification and visiting many boxes up and down the east coast I thought that I had my oly lifts on “lock”…that is until I came to this gym last fall. I attended Tony’s weightlifting course and got the proverbial ‘egg of knowledge’ cracked on my head, and am thankful for it every time I see one of these lifts in a workout. While attending my Crossfit Olympic Weightlifting certification in Chapel Hill a few months ago I was amazed at how many people were aware of Crossfit Wilmington’s reputation for weightlifting, and I was immediately bombarded by other instructors from all over NC with questions about our athletes and tips for lifting…and I’m really not one to exaggerate. Really proud to be a part of this gym, and again, I definitely recommend that you take advantage of this opportunity by joining the next course.

May 21, 2013 at 2:50 pm -

Nice job Walt! Oly lifts are fun and one of the hardest things I have learned at CFW! They take technique, time, and a lot of patience! Fun Stuff.

• cody says: