Samantha Y.

By cody | In Articles, Nutrition, Successes | on March 20, 2013

samantha yIn November, I enlisted in the United States Navy, set to leave on May 14th, 2013. I weighed 177 pounds. When I joined I was over my weight regulation for my height (160 pounds), but because my body fat was under 30% they let it slide. Christmas happened and before I knew it I weighed 186 pounds and my recruiter was telling me I needed to lose 25 pounds so that his chief wouldn’t kick me out of the program.

That’s when I decided to meet with Cody, and have a biosig session. When I met with Cody in January he told me exactly what to do! He gave me a meal plan to follow, workouts to do, and told me supplements I should start taking. So… I followed his instruction. He was also available at the gym for any questions I had. In the beginning of my diet I would have some weeks where I wasn’t losing samantha afteranything, so I met with Cody again. We tweaked my meals and supplements a little, and boom! Down 27 pounds and 7% body fat! I’m so glad that I met with Cody, he was so helpful and encouraging along the way. The plan he provided was essentially foolproof, and the only thing I did was stay motivated and focused on my ultimate goal!

– Samantha

Samantha

11 Comments to "Samantha Y."

March 20, 2013 at 7:33 pm -

I’ve been waiting anxiously for the this post to go live! Wow! And wow!

In the last couple months it seemed like every time I saw Sam she was noticeable leaner… b/c she was! On Saturday she was competing in the March Madness Challenge. I was so excited to see her mixing it up with the regions most fit. This is the stuff gets me amped up. The Games are great and all, but the most important thing to me isn’t getting athletes to the Games, but helping people reach their goals.

Congratulations Sam! We’re going to be miss you when you leave, but are very happy to be part of your trip. Thanks for sharing with us.

• Amanda W. says:

March 20, 2013 at 8:49 pm -

Awesome work, Sam! You are beaming with confidence every time I see you in the gym…and clearly everyone can see why. You have accomplished your goals in a healthy way and now you are prepared to tackle the Navy. Great work!

• Jordan Adcock says:

March 20, 2013 at 9:21 pm -

Hell yea socks! So proud of you :). You have insane will power and when you decided you wanted to lose the weight you were serious and hopped right to it. Keep working hard and kicking my ass when i need it. Im going to hate to see you leave in May.

March 21, 2013 at 8:53 am -

Awesome story Sam! You are amazing. Keep up all of your hard work. Your dedication and hard work is paying off. So proud of you girlie!

• Whitney Ross Gray says:

March 21, 2013 at 11:41 am -

That is a fantastic story! Great work, I saw you working out last week and totally noticed how dedicated and focused you were.

• Albert Steed says:

March 21, 2013 at 1:23 pm -

Way to go Sam! Keep up the solid work and solid results.

• Rhonda says:

March 21, 2013 at 2:19 pm -

Samantha, gonna miss working out with you and all of our chats in the sauna. Keep up the good work! Show those boot campers how its done! Godspeed, my friend!

• josh says:

March 21, 2013 at 6:57 pm -

Great work Samantha! Best of luck in Navy, we will miss you!

• Samantha says:

March 21, 2013 at 8:08 pm -

Thanks for all of the kind words, they mean so much! I have an exciting journey ahead of me, but I will definitely miss CFW!

• Darcey says:

March 21, 2013 at 9:19 pm -

Great work, Sam!! So proud of you, girl! You’re an inspiration!

• GES says:

March 22, 2013 at 7:05 pm -

Totally inspiring- all the best to you!!