Wednesday Open Gym is For All Members

By t. | In Today's Workout | on March 5, 2013

[box_content]

asv_run

I just wanted to send a shout out to you guys and all of the instructors at CFW.  I ran a 5K this morning, and it wasn’t an all time PR, however, it was the fastest I have run a 5K in a few years! I’ve been doing a little bit of running on my own over the last few months, but not a lot…..mostly consistency with CF.  This week was a boost for me,  three PR’s in Deadlift, Bench Press, and Shoulder Press….and to top it off, a well run 5K today.  I’m not trying to boast, I’m just excited and really want to thank you all and the staff for such excellent programming and instruction.  I really do appreciate everything you’ve all done to help me out, especially over the last several months, with helping me modify workouts and getting me into S&C, to let my back heal.  It’s great to be doing more CF workouts again and feel more confident!

Warm regards,
Alicia Saintsing-Vawter

[/box_content]

Open Gym on Wednesday isn’t only for Open Gym Members.  Class members are urged Get in here on Wednesdays to work on technique of the things you are weak on, detox in the Sauna, and/or do self massage with the rollers and Lacrosse Balls.  Take the time to do these things and your fitness, mobility and health will all benefit greatly.

Open Gym
7-10 AM
5-7 PM

Joro Yoga
6:30 am
9 am

11 Comments to "Wednesday Open Gym is For All Members"

• Joe W. says:

March 5, 2013 at 8:11 pm -

That was awesome. Loved seeing the kiddos kick major butt. Awesome work to everyone.

March 5, 2013 at 8:51 pm -

Heck Yeah… the youngans are fun. It’s very worth noting they all began lifting only three weeks prior to the meet. So let’s see the weights they move at their next meet!!

• josh says:

March 5, 2013 at 9:49 pm -

On behalf of the CFW staff I say thank you for the kind words Alicia. Your hard work and positive attitude have made you successful both in the gym and out on the road course.
    It was awesome watching the WWC lifters compete this weekend. The kids really had a blast and are excited to continue their lifting. I would like to thank the CFW family for providing a positive atmosphere for all us parents who have children that are frequently at CFW.

• KellyL says:

March 5, 2013 at 10:11 pm -

So great to see the kids out there! When can I sign Ellen up?

• Mark says:

March 5, 2013 at 11:22 pm -

Off topic but … On which day of the week will we be doing the Open workout?

March 6, 2013 at 7:00 am -

Alicia, your dedication and determination is simply inspiring. You never gave up, always kept a very positive attitude, and always kept a smile on your face. Proud of you girl!

LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing the kids lift! AWESOME! You all did an amazing job. Enjoyed watching the video. Keep up the great work.

March 6, 2013 at 8:09 am -

Wow, nice work kiddos and WWC alike. The kids’ jerks were the real deal! Holy smokes!
    Alicia, you are awesome. You always come to the gym with the right attitude and push yourself. Congratulations on last week’s successes and get used to it – you have many more to come.

March 6, 2013 at 11:03 am -

Walt, Scott, Matt and Amy… you all are really cute too! Seriously, all three matched or set PRs. It was Amy’s first meet. Matt went 6 for 6 lifts with PRs in both lifts. Congrats again. It’s a pleasure to help train you.

Alicia, you’re story is another great example of what happens a person does what they need to, not what they want to. I know the strength work isn’t your favorite, but you followed it and allowed it to help heal you up. It takes a lot of discipline to put CrossFit and running on the back burner when it is truly your therapy… the thing you enjoy and look forward to each day. But now, because of you did what you needed to do, you can get back to doing what you want to!

• Scott S says:

March 6, 2013 at 12:27 pm -

The only bad thing about the kids is I think it will only be a year or two before Nathan is lifting more than me! But that is a good thing. Anyone with children please consider letting them come do some Oly lifting. Also, our fearless leader, t. along with Melissa, Walt and I are headed to the Masters National Weightlifting Championships this weekend in New Jersey. Anyone who has competed knows it is fun and addictive. Give it a try. t. knows how to train if you listen to him. :) Finally, ALICIA – you look strong and now fast. Awesome combination!

• Alicia says:

March 6, 2013 at 1:15 pm -

Thanks so much everyone! It really is an honor to be a part of what always feels like a team and family.

• Eric Guendner says:

March 6, 2013 at 2:46 pm -

Awesome job, Julia and Nathan.