Melissa B. Congrats/Farewell

By cody | In Articles, Successes | on February 11, 2013

I stopped by on Friday and told Cody that I have accepted a head coaching job and will be moving.  I will be the Head Coach at Eastern Kentucky University, a D1 school that is an hour and a half from Louisville (where I grew up.)

I am so thankful that I found CFW but am so bummed I only joined a year ago.  Despite being a college athlete and a college coach, you all have changed how I view fitness, how hard I push myself, how I eat and how I feel about myself.  I used to run and dabble in sprint triathlons but always had a high body fat percentage.  Oh by the way, I was a vegetarian for 6 years.  I ate alot of vegetables, LOTs of fruits and ended up eating alot of carbs to fill up and feel satisfied.

Since joining I have become stronger, leaner, happier, healthier and much more confident in every aspect of life. This will serve me well as I go on to become a head coach and continue to take on my 30’s as a better version of myself.

The environment you create is AWESOME for women.  Strong women are celebrated which encourages us to push ourselves every day.

I will miss the morning crew!  I will definitely swing by for a workout anytime I come back to town.

[divider]

Melissa always pushed herself and did the RX’d weights on the heaviest of WODs. Her drive and desire to become better each and every day inspired me. Great Job and best of luck at Eastern Kentucky! – Cody

8 Comments to "Melissa B. Congrats/Farewell"

February 11, 2013 at 9:59 am -

Best of luch Melissa. You will surely be missed at CFW. Proud of you and all of your success!

• Albert Steed says:

February 11, 2013 at 12:06 pm -

Farewell Barnes! Best of luck to you and that school is getting an awesome person and coach. I am sure that Aldo and Kenny will missing have you around the Dub.

February 11, 2013 at 12:22 pm -

Congratulations on the new position! Thank you for sharing your story. I think a lot of women who grow up playing organized sports are fed bad information about diet and nutrition. There seems to be a “you’re burning it off anyway” attitude. I am glad you found success at CFW and have no doubt you will continue that success at Eastern Kentucky.

• MARCIE says:

February 11, 2013 at 4:00 pm -

Wow, sorry to see you go Melissa, it was a pleasure to see you workout so hard and push so hard. Best of luck with your new job!! Congrats…..Push those kids, wip them into shape girl!

• josh says:

February 11, 2013 at 8:24 pm -

Congrats Barnsey! Gonna miss you lady!

• Jana Fogleman says:

February 11, 2013 at 10:27 pm -

Go girl!!! I love it – you are strong, beautiful and full of ambition! Congratulations on your new coaching position… Very impressive and positive. Take life by the horns… We’ll be cheering for you!

• Jenn says:

February 13, 2013 at 7:37 am -

Melissa! You know I’ll miss you! You helped me push harder as I pretended that I had any chance of keeping up with you. I am sure you will inspire your new team the same way!

• Sensei says:

February 13, 2013 at 10:03 pm -

MELISSA!!I’ll Miss your face!