Team Competition #10

By Josh | In Today's Workout | on December 2, 2012

Ten Benefits of Coffee for Health, Performance & Body Composition
By Poliquin™ Editorial Staff

Get numerous benefits from coffee! Research shows that in many cases, more is better when it comes to coffee improving health. The evidence is so robust that the medical community is even changing its tune from “coffee is more trouble than it is worth” to “it is not as bad as we were told!”  This article will give you ten reasons to drink coffee and consider some of the concerns and misconceptions that surround this wonderful beverage.
Read the entire article here.

[box_content]

Amanda and Marci…  two of the strongest women in CrossFit.  The day after the  CrossFit Mid-Atlantic Regional competition, these two ladies began preparing for the 2013 CrossFit Games.  Each has spent countless hours adhering to strength and conditioning programs designed to strengthen their weaknesses and further develop their attributes.  It shows, not only in the muscle they’ve both packed on, but on the loads they put on the barbells and times they post to the board.  Training with these two phenoms is a pleasure…  watching them at the Games will be exciting!

[/box_content]

OverHead Squat – 3 rep Max
Front Squat – 3 rep Max

Post both loads and total.  Total will be scored for team comp.

For completion…  (this is not part of team comp)
5 rounds of…
10 GHD SitUps
10 Alternating Knee to Elbow

15 Comments to "Team Competition #10"

• Albert Steed says:

December 2, 2012 at 8:30 pm -

To bad on the wall balls it was a fun wod. We were thinking inside on a mat if that changes chances of doing?

Either way. We now challenge Bac (team 3) to a head to head battle. We propose 125 tire flips with 1 tire per team. Can put as many people on the tire as you want but only one 300 pound tire per team. First one done wins.

If they concede up front can we challenge team 6!

• Albert Steed says:

December 2, 2012 at 8:31 pm -

I meant the team in sixth place.

• Sara Clark says:

December 2, 2012 at 9:16 pm -

I was not consulted on this challenge. But I’ll show up if it is early on saturday.

December 2, 2012 at 11:05 pm -

Sounds like Inside traders doesn’t value its younger members opinions… not consulting them and all. ha.

Amanda and Marci… damn. Yep, that sums that up.

December 3, 2012 at 7:08 am -

Amanda & Marci=Determination…so bad ass!

• Shawn K says:

December 3, 2012 at 9:41 am -

@Albert – again, as I mentioned earlier this morning, how “lucky” of you to challenge team 3 knowing both Mike and I are unavailable to compete. I’m sure it was complete happenstance.

shady… conniving… happenstance. :)

1. Nate says:

December 3, 2012 at 9:57 am -

Shawn, I think you’re on to something with Albert. When Albert ask about your up coming weekend he intends to use that info against your team. Same thing happened to Meagan

December 3, 2012 at 9:51 am -

Thanks, Meagan & t. Going to regionals this year definitely put my training objectives in perspective….humble pie tastes bittersweet. Thanks, t for the guidance through the past couple of months….although you can expect a backcharge for all of the new pants I have to buy. ha. In all seriousness, when you have people like Dawn, Felice, Melissa, Marcie, Meagan, Jana….dang this list could go on….training beside you, you just try and keep up. I’m beyond grateful for these strong women.

• Sara Clark says:

December 3, 2012 at 9:57 am -

@ Shawn K.

if you ain’t cheatin, you ain’t tryin. Get on our level

• Albert Steed says:

December 3, 2012 at 10:04 am -

It is always those that are willing to blaze the trail that get burned. Don’t hate because we are making strategic moves to climb the board. We have to do something to account for our current position and sitting in on our laurels sure won’t help us succeed.

I tried to just go for the jugular but, I was shot down. ;)

December 3, 2012 at 11:14 am -

Level? You’re like, in last.

Climb? You’ve only that option. Tire flip call out is a go.

• Sara Clark says:

December 3, 2012 at 11:46 am -

I feel like that makes my comment even more appropriate. If they would just come down to our level, we would move up!

It isn’t like we have enjoyed perfect attendance on our team… for any workout. I think we’ve been missing at least two every time. This may end up being very very fair to Shawn and Mike’s team. realistically speaking. What time on Saturday can both teams show up? the earlier the better. I have to drive to Raleigh immediately after.

December 3, 2012 at 12:53 pm -

Call outs are now allowed on Wednesdays.

Yes, it is an ever evolving world we live in… and I’m bored.

• Whitney Ross Gray says:

December 3, 2012 at 1:25 pm -

Amanda, lawdy. You look so good! Check out this info about the 12/08 ladies Christmas party. Drift Mobile Boutique will be at the CFW Ladies Christmas party on December 8th at 4:30. I shopped there this past weekend at a party and am in love. Finally something cute!! I bought a bunch of gifts there too. Smashing accessories. https://www.facebook.com/DriftMobileBoutique

• Debb says:

December 3, 2012 at 8:06 pm -

Ok what time team 3? Who all can be there? Don’t make me do this by myself! Kenny? Taylor? It seems as Mike and Shawn cannot be there, is that right?