Congrats Scott S. and James T.

By Josh | In Today's Workout | on December 3, 2012

[box_content]

Congratulations to Scott Smith and James Tatum who each placed 1st in their respective competitions this past weekend.

Scott won the Master’s Division at The USA Powerlifting American Open Championships held in Atlanta. Scott recorded a Back Squat of 314 lbs, Bench Press of 204 lbs and a Deadlift of 380 lbs for a Total of 899 lbs.

James won gold in the 77 kilogram weight class at the 2012 American Open with a total of 296 kilo’s. James recorded a snatch of 133 kilo’s (292.6 lbs) and a Clean & Jerk of 163 kilo’s (358.6 lbs).

Great job Scott and James!

[/box_content]

Shawn K. overhead squats 255lb for a 3RM yesterday. Congratulations to all of the personal records set!

Complete the following for time…

30 Ground to Shoulder to Overhead (135/95)
800 meter Run
30 Ground to Overhead (115/80)

16 Comments to "Congrats Scott S. and James T."

• Jana Fogleman says:

December 3, 2012 at 9:01 pm -

Ladies! Don’t forget…
    CFW Healthy Holiday Party this Saturday!!
    December 8th — 430pm — CFW —
    If you wish you can bring a healthy dish to share.
    Also optional- gift exchange- (all-natural beauty products… $10-$15 range)

Come share your health knowledge, learn some new stuff & mingle with other like-minded ladies!

As a special treat, Whitney has set up LuLu Balou’s clothing truck – DRIFT Mobile Boutique to roll up at CFW! You can shop and mingle- how cool is that!

If you need help with the gift, food or anything, shoot me an email- Janafogleman@gmail.com – see you there!

• Josh says:

December 3, 2012 at 9:10 pm -

Great work Scott and James!

December 3, 2012 at 9:41 pm -

Monsters.

Congrats fellas.

• Anthony says:

December 3, 2012 at 10:38 pm -

Shawn that is freakish brother. Great work.

December 4, 2012 at 7:04 am -

Congrats Mr. Scott and James! Love watching both of you lift! Thanks for all of the help and guidance in my lifts as well.

December 4, 2012 at 8:16 am -

Congrats, Scott and James!

• taylor says:

December 4, 2012 at 9:53 am -

Good job fellas!! You are both such an inspiration. Shawn, that is WAY awesome! Big weight, I love it…but yes, a bit freakish :)
    Today looks like a great workout, I can’t wait to see everyone plow through this one! See all you ladies this weekend, I don’t know if I am more excited for the gift exchange or the food. Ok, that was a lie, definitely the food!

• Shawn K says:

December 4, 2012 at 9:55 am -

Yoga! Tomorrow! 6:30am! First class is free!

I’ve been several times now and love it… join me tomorrow morning. After all, seeing me in yoga pants is worth the price of admission.

• Fletcher says:

December 4, 2012 at 11:09 am -

Good work Shawn. We will see who looks the best in yoga pants in about 15 days haha

• Shawn K says:

December 4, 2012 at 11:28 am -

Thanks Fletch.

After hitting 255×3, I hit 275×1. Credit to Tony, Fletcher and WSC for the strength gains.

• Scott S says:

December 4, 2012 at 12:01 pm -

Shawn – you are a beast! James – I knew you were going to put up a big number on the CJ so I kept pushing hard to get a deadlift that was more than your Jerk. You almost got me!

December 4, 2012 at 1:45 pm -

Shawn didn’t earn the call sign “Miracle Midget” by just being a short fella. He’s been and still is one of the strongest guys at CFW since he walked in the door 5 years ago… he is an original CFW MONSTER.

Ladies… the girls setting up your Christmas Party promises it will be a treat. It’s a great time for all you ladies meet and network with each other. If you’ve not noticed, this gym is the home of some of Wilmington’s most successful, intelligent women. Hit Jana or Melissa up for details.

• Glenda Knowles says:

December 4, 2012 at 4:39 pm -

Proud of our son… the Miracle Midgett …. I think some where there would be a stopping point but he keeps right on going..it amazes me!!!

• Shawn K says:

December 4, 2012 at 4:52 pm -

Ha! Who knew my mom would know how to post on a blog!?!

December 4, 2012 at 10:23 pm -

That may very well be a first for the site… Mrs. Glenda is obviously proud of her little boy. ha.

Seriously Mrs. Knowles, thank you for posting!

• Pedrina says: