UNCW Midnight Madness 5K Tonight

By Josh | In Today's Workout | on October 11, 2012

CrossFit Wilmington is proud to be a sponsor of the UNCW Midnite Madness 5K run tonight at 7:00pm. The event will feature a 5K race beginning at Greene Track and continue throughout the UNCW campus.  Following the race there will be an awards ceremony with a post race raffle. Please come out and support the UNCW student-athlete scholarship program!

[divider]

Ron and Juno running during an 800m interval in yesterday’s workout.

Complete as many reps as possible in 10 minutes of…
Ground to Shoulder to Over Head (any variation of the Clean and Jerk) at 135/95

8 Comments to "UNCW Midnight Madness 5K Tonight"

• Sensei says:

October 11, 2012 at 9:03 pm -

Yeehawwww!!!! this is a WOD!!

• Jenn says:

October 12, 2012 at 6:08 am -

I was hoping for Grace today after yesterday’s WOD and you guys did me one better!!! Time to show off what Dawn taught us!

Happy Friday to all!

October 12, 2012 at 7:17 am -

Get it Jenn. Proud of your dedication girlie!

This WOD looks super fun. I wanna play.

No Good and Juno-love the pic! You both are superstars!

• Sara Clark says:

October 12, 2012 at 8:44 am -

Great job to the 5:30am class today! Really good work and STRONG improvement from Rick, Patrick and Paul. For those of you who haven’t mastered the clean and jerk technique, and don’t want to push press your life away, sign up for the next oly class, or grab an instructor and ask for help on these short days! Rick stayed an extra 20 minutes today to work on technique, and, wonder of wonders, he’s really getting it! Practice works!

• Sensei says:

October 12, 2012 at 9:07 am -

“perfect practice makes perfect”.

Dawn led the 630 class and got to really see Jenn, Jordan and Meredith KILL this wod at RX weight. In fact, both of our classes were “RX” which makes me very proud!

Gotta give a shout out to the people of the gym. Really great attitudes and such awesome atmosphere!

Walt told me he was gonna to the wod with me. So I got really excited. Then he left. I didn’t get to see him, But I am sure as he was at a stop light on his way home, he was thinking of this wod while kissing his own biceps.

I however had an amazing time working through this wod with Dawn. Always a pleasure my dear!

• Mere says:

October 12, 2012 at 10:05 am -

HOLY MOLY…this workout was the first I have done at a heavy, challenging weight, putting my babyness aside and just doing it! Thank you Dawn and Aaron for the encouragement to keep picking up the bar! My reps were not super high and my pride was a little hurt after Jordan beasted this WOD, but the competition was fun and I am proud of myself for sticking with 95#. As Vince Lombardi said, “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” Great work everyone this morning!

• Joe W. says:

October 12, 2012 at 2:18 pm -

Good LUCK. Meagan AKA Mite of Team Dyno-mite. I look forward to hearing about your sucess this weekend.

• Josh says:

October 12, 2012 at 2:38 pm -

There will be no yoga class tonight. and no kids class tomorrow morning