Ryan’s Story

By Tanner | In Successes, Today's Workout | on January 28, 2012
-Ryan P

Ryan a few days after he joined CFW

Ryan down 75 lbs and stronger than ever

8 Comments to "Ryan’s Story"

January 28, 2012 at 8:21 pm -

Yeah Ryn! I’m looking forward to that after pic with Meagan. Keep up the great work!

January 28, 2012 at 8:22 pm -

*Ryan. Sorry about that!

January 28, 2012 at 8:39 pm -

Get it Ryan…looking good dude. Hey, let me get one of those RAD t-shirts…you know….for being such an awesome coach. Haha.

• Albert Steed says:

January 28, 2012 at 9:21 pm -

Congrats Ryan! I know that you will get to where you want to be. The best part is that you are bringing a hell of a lot of fun to all the rest of us that get to work out with you at the same time!!

• Peiwen says:

January 28, 2012 at 10:10 pm -

Go Ryan! :)

• bill b says:

January 28, 2012 at 10:11 pm -

Ryan….you are the man! you are my # 1 recruit for the Cape Fear Rugby Club as I told you when we met 1 year ago…i saw it in you the first time we did a WOD together…

• Ryan's Story | CrossFit Wilmington – Coastal NC Gym for Strength … | The Running Clinic Site says:

January 29, 2012 at 5:03 am -

[…] Ryan’s Story “It took me asking what my health and thus my life was worth to get me into Crossfit, through out and after college I had ballooned to a hefty football linemen size of 325 (ish all the scale would do is groan at me).  People were talking about this strange diet and workout (I was told there was little to no running)… and fed up with the way I both looked and felt I decided to give it a try, at least for a few months… A year and 75 pounds later here I still am, yet still not where I want to be, weight wise.  As I continue my work towards a better me I have picked up a group of wonderful people, all working and pushing both themselves and each other toward a common goal … Life.  And not the couch potato life I use to live where I sounded like a hoover trying to get the air just to walk around, but the active useful life I currently have.  I would like to thank everyone for their encouragement, tips & tricks, and drive to compete within the gym.  For it is this competition yet camaraderie that keeps me growing and wanting more.  For those afraid to join or thinking you need to “lose a few pounds” to be ready to get involved I will use the words of the wise Larry Whysall “you go to Crossfit to get in shape, you don’t need to be in shape to do Crossfit!” I have added at least 50 pounds to every lift since I started just over a year ago, increased my max box jump by 6 inches, am actually capable of running, lost 6 inches off my waist, and I am not done yet!  You will hear me say, “I still have 50 pounds to lose”, and Crossfit Wilmington is the way I will conquer it.” […]

• Tanner says:

January 29, 2012 at 3:16 pm -

Nice work Ryan. You’re always working hard with a great attitude in the gym. Keep it up and you’ll shed those last 50 no problem.