Our Extended Family

By t. | In Today's Workout | on August 24, 2010

Wednesday

Desiree

Desi and Melissa at the finish line

They’re CFW’s members that don’t live in close enough to us to come in everyday.  They wear the CFW colors at CF events and competitions with pride and claim us as their home affiliate.  The send us videos for us to coach and questions on nutrition and training.

So I want to formally introduce our newest long distance member, Desiree Walker.  Maybe you heard about her attending CF Ocean Isle Beach’s workout/cookout or most recently, competing this past weekend at The Garage Games in GA.

Desi was introduced to us by Melissa H.  They’ve been buds for long time and have done running events and fitness competitions together.  Desiree has her pro-card in fitness competition and competes on the national level.  The fitness events require all 10 general physical skills and Desi has developed them all.  Her first real CrossFit workout came at CF OIB by way of “Cindy”.  She did 24 rounds.  Not bad for a first timer, huh?

Melissa talked Desi into the signing up for the Garage Games.  We gave her a crash course in all the lifts and exercises they’d be performing at the G Games and off she went…  to a 2nd place finish!  She and Melissa tied in points for 1st, so the judges defaulted to the first workout of the day to name the winner.

Desiree has a few more Fitness Shows to do, and then we’re gonna get her prepared for the 2011 CF Games.

For time…
3 push ups
3 pull ups
36 GHD sit ups
36 squats
9 push ups
9 pull ups
30 GHD sit ups
30 squats
15 push ups
15 pull ups
24 GHD sit ups
24 squats

9 Comments to "Our Extended Family"

• Julie G. says:

August 24, 2010 at 10:05 pm -

I just figured out how to click on the “who is this guy?” Picture. Holy Moly, Congratulations on your new body!! What a drastic change. Desiree, I will be cheering for you next year.

• maria says:

August 25, 2010 at 5:52 am -

Great job @ garage games Desi. Congrats on the finish – hope to see you soon!

• Felice says:

August 25, 2010 at 6:19 am -

awesome job at the games Desi! she is truly an amazing person and athlete. im so glad that I had the privilege to spend the weekend with her and the crew. =)

• Abs says:

August 25, 2010 at 8:50 am -

I threw one of Melissa’s snatchums yesterday! I need work. Thanks “the other Sorg” and JD for your help…Mike thatnks for steppin off for that last oneI was about at my breaking point! Mission 1 completed… Muscle ups. Mission 2 started Double Unders and SNATCH! Im gonna be a jumpin,snatching fool!

• josh says:

August 25, 2010 at 11:13 am -

Hey guys,
    We have posted two sign-up sheets on the dry erase board.
    The first is for volunteers at the FGB 5 Fundraiser/ cookout we are hosting Sept 25th.
    The second is for our 2nd Annual Team Competition starting the week of Sept 13th and ending at the FGB 5 Fundraiser on Sept 25th.

• Andrew says:

August 25, 2010 at 4:58 pm -

Thanks for the birthday email from the gym guys. I appreciate it.

• peter says:

August 25, 2010 at 7:01 pm -

Check out Marks daily apple for the grog hang stretch. Can’t wait to try it out on Friday.

• Desi says:

August 25, 2010 at 7:50 pm -

Just want to say – I think y’all are such an awesome group at crossfit wilmington! Everyone has made me feel so welcome . I had a blast with y’all at the garage games – lots of laughs, sweat, comraderie– and craziness ;) –love it!….
    I really appreciate all the help from everyone — the oly crash course from Tony and everyone at the competition giving me pointers–thanks to Josh – I didn’t kill myself with the Kettle ball – LOL

Plan on making it down to the Oly Clinic in a couple of weeks — got lots of new skills to learn to get ready for next year!

• Don O says: